Mary Eberle, owner of DNA Hunters, LLC, will be presenting the following DNA talks and workshops. Join Mary to learn how to use DNA for your family research. All talks are open to the public. Registration may be required. Class fees may apply. Click on the link(s) below for more information.
DNA Talks, Workshops, and Boot Camps
November 4, 2017 – Adoption and Unknown Parentage (Advanced Level)
- Sponsor: Wisconsin Historical Society
- Time: 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Location: Room 126, Memorial Library, Madison, WI
This workshop is intended for people searching for their own biological parents and those with parents or ancestors who were adopted or otherwise have unknown parents. This workshop will include the following presentations. Registration is required.
Participants should have some familiarity with DNA testing, although one of the presentations provides an introduction to DNA. Attendees are encouraged to have autosomal DNA testing done with at least one of the following companies before the workshop–AncestryDNA, FamilyTreeDNA, or 23andMe–to get the most out of this workshop.
May 5, 2018 – Gedmatch: Tools to Interpret DNA Matches and Find More Matches
- Sponsor: National Genealogical Society, NGS 2018 Family History Conference
- Time: 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Current DNA Workshops Offered by Mary Eberle
Mary is available for DNA workshops for you society. Below is a list of DNA workshops from which your society can select.
DNA Workshops typically last for a 6-hour period, but can be adjusted to meet your society’s needs. The following DNA workshops are currently available.
- Genetic Genealogy Basics (Beginner Level)
- Digging Deeper into DNA Testing (Beginner to Intermediate Level)
- Adoption and Unknown Parentage (Advanced Level)